My Indestructible Mail Box Makes Me Smile

Woke up late this morning and swilled down a cup of coffee, took a
shower and ran out the door. I hopped in my truck and drove out the driveway, business as usual. As I was clearing my eyes and yawning, taking that next sip of coffee, something caught my eye. Just about every other house on the street had their mailbox on the ground once again.

At each front lawn, right beside the mailboxes, or in very close range, was a large rock, kids must have been lobbing rocks and killing the mailboxes. After seeing  three boxes down I had to turn around and check mine. As the thought of having to replace it once again was a rolling around in my head, thinking that I just might have been out smarted, was not a good way to start the day.

As I pulled up to the front of my house, I notice my mailbox was still
standing. My first impression was they skipped over my house, then I saw the rock on the front lawn right behind the post. I had a big smile on my face, the feelings of joy rushed over me like pealing the protective plastic from my 80 inch flat screen  LCD TV. Looking closely, I noticed a ding right next to the door of the mailbox. They hit the mailbox but it withstood the punishment, WoooHooo!

One more notch in my stick, I only wished they had use a bat. The vibration that would have went

through their hands would have been painful, lol. I'm not an evil person I'm just not excited about the new sport of mailbox bashing, and I was tired of always fixing the mailbox on my day off. I have much better things to do on my day off, but I do want my mail. It's a catch 22.

No comments:

Post a Comment