A Heavy Duty Steel Mailbox for Added Security

Having a heavy duty steel mailbox provides added security, knowing that your mailbox will be there when you go to retrieve you mail each day will also give you piece of mind as well.  Buying the right mailbox will depend on your unique situation.  If you don't have any problems with mailbox vandalism, buying a cheap mailbox like the Solar Group ALM110B0 Standard Size Premium Aluminum Rural Mailbox, Black
will provide you with years of uninterrupted service with as little maintenance as an occasional paint job.
If you live in an area where there is high mailbox vandalism or where the plow truck driver just likes to aim for your mailbox, I recommend buying something a little more heavy duty.  I have had plow trucks take out my mailbox several times in one winter, I also have had kids drive by throwing ice chunks, rocks and split fire wood at my mailbox, I found myself having to fix or replace the mailbox once a month.
The cost of replacing it wasn't too bad, till I replaced it for the third time, the time I spent replacing it is what was killing me, my thought was " I could be watching the game right now " but instead I'm out here fussing with the mailbox.  I was getting so frustrated, I wanted to put an explosive device on it for the next guy that breath on it, but then I thought of the mail carrier, not a good idea.
If you replace your old mailbox with a new heavy duty steel mailbox, don't forget to add the bottom bracket Solar Group MB225B Mounting Bracket, Black
  This bracket will stop the pressure treated board under the mailbox, from splitting into a thousand pieces on the next hit.  If you want even more strength to the heavy duty steel mailbox, add two metal brackets to the pressure treated board under the mailbox and sandwich the board with both brackets, one on top and the other on the bottom.  This will be extremely heavy duty with years of longevity.
If you're just replacing your old mail box with a cheap thin metal mailbox, I wouldn't spend the extra money on the bracket because it won't benefit you.  I would recommend just replacing the block of wood with a new pressure treated piece of lumber, that's all you really need.  The metal bracket is for add strength, without it, the mailbox is being held on the wood block with deck screws, when adding the metal bracket, the deck screws pass through the metal bracket which holds everything together because the metal bracket is bolted to the pressure treated wooded block.
Well, I hope this helps, leave me a comment if you have any questions.  If you happen to buy the Solar Group TB1B0000 Standard Size Heavy Gauge Steel Mailbox, Black
  come back after you install it an let me know how it went.  I have read some reviews about some people having trouble understanding how to install the bracket, it's pretty much just common sense, if the hole in the mailbox don't line up with the bracket, drill new holes in the bracket, not the mailbox, and it's that simple.  If you leave a comment, it will only help people who are suffering from mailbox vandalism, plus you might be able to shed some light on a new shortcut while installing the mailbox.

 Thanks, Eddie

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing such kind of useful information.
    Heavy duty high security locking steel mailboxes.These mailboxes are hand made to end all of your stolen mail and vandalized mailbox problems.Also see whitehall address plaques for various address plaques.mailboxes and many more.

    ReplyDelete